Fleas and ticks are a single of the most frequent will cause of health problems in animals and although these wingless bugs can hassle your furry friends at any position of the yr, they are a lot more popular in spring and summertime period due to the humid and warm weather conditions. Fleas and ticks not only bring about skin discomfort, they can also transmit a host of ailments. Fleas are acknowledged to cause anaemia even though ticks can transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and other major illnesses. Retaining your pet’s bedding and living spots clear, normal grooming, flea and tick repellents and preventive medication can defend your pet from them. (Also go through: Common summer season conditions in canine and their signs)
“As the summer time approaches, it’s necessary to be prepared to protect our furry good friends from fleas and ticks. These pesky parasites can not only trigger soreness and irritation to pet dogs but can also lead to severe wellness issues. With a several very simple suggestions and precautions, pet owners can maintain their canine safe from fleas and ticks and assure they have a happy and wholesome summertime. Right here are some simple guidelines to secure canine from fleas and ticks this summer months,” suggests Dr. Shantanu Kalambi, Chief Veterinary Officer at Supertails.com
Guidelines to protect your canine from fleas and ticks
1. Use flea and tick avoidance items: Seek the advice of your veterinarian to figure out the most effective flea and tick prevention items for your canine. These solutions arrive in diverse types these as topical therapies, collars, and oral prescription drugs.
2. Keep your dog’s setting clean: Vacuum your home often and clean your dog’s bedding frequently. This allows to do away with flea eggs and larvae that might be hiding in your house.
3. Look at for fleas and ticks frequently: Inspect your dog’s pores and skin and fur frequently for fleas and ticks. Use a flea comb to aid eliminate fleas and ticks from your dog’s fur.
4. Trim your dog’s fur: Trim your dog’s fur often to lower the chance of fleas and ticks hiding in your dog’s fur.
5. Use all-natural solutions: Some crucial oils and herbs can be applied to repel fleas and ticks. Nonetheless, it is significant to consult with with your veterinarian before applying any pure therapies on your puppy.
6. Prevent parts with high flea and tick populations: If doable, keep away from places with large flea and tick populations these types of as tall grass and wooded places.
7. Keep your dog away from other contaminated animals: Fleas and ticks can be quickly transmitted from other infected animals. It’s significant to maintain your pet away from other contaminated animals to cut down the threat of your doggy contracting fleas and ticks.